General Body of the Alumni Association, College of Nursing Alappuzha , met on 5-02-2013 and approved the Bye-laws stated below:
The name of the association shall be “The Alumni Association, Government College of Nursing, Alappuzha” This association is an independent association of graduates of College of Nursing, Alappuzha.
The office of the association shall be located at the college of Nursing, Alappuzha.
1. Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the association shall be:
1. To establish a sense of espirit de corps among the members.
2. To maintain effective communication network among the old student and the parent institution.
3. To provide opportunity to meet and share the experiences of the members periodically.
4. To encourage institutional loyalty and work towards educational excellence.
5. To uphold the dignity of profession and maintain the professional standard.
6. To provide financial assistance to needy members for educational activities
7. To foster research.
8. To public news letter quarterly.
9. To conduct periodic in-service education.
10. To conduct developmental activities in the parent institution.
All graduates who have successfully completed Basic B.Sc Nursing and M.Sc Nursing from this institution shall be the member of this association. All eligible graduates shall remit a life time membership fee of Rs.1500/-. They have to complete the enrollment and hand over the same to the Secretary.
2. The administration of the Association shall vest in an executive committee, hereafter referred to as committee elected for the purpose.
b. The committee shall consist of:
1. Patron- Principal, College of Nursing, Alappuzha.
2. President- Student, College of Nursing, Alappuzha. (B. Sc or M. Sc).
3. Vice president- Student, College of Nursing, Alappuzha (B. Sc or M. Sc).
4. Secretary- Student, College of Nursing, Alappuzha. (B. Sc or M. Sc).
5. Treasurer- Staff, College of Nursing, Alappuzha.
6. Joint Secretary- Student, College of Nursing, Alappuzha. (B. Sc or M. Sc).
7. Editor –Staff, College of Nursing, Alappuzha.
8. Representatives – from Members -3
9. The term of office of the Committee shall be for a period of two year.
10. A committee once elected shall continue to hold office till a new committee assumes charge.
6. Power and Responsibilities of the Executive Committee
Subject to the consent of the General Body of the Association, the Executives shall have the following power:
1. To manage all affairs of the Association, to incur and meet all necessary expenses and do all such acts as are not in consistent with these rules.
2. To accepts application for membership and enlist members.
3. To hold meetings of the Committee at least once in 4 months.
4. To publish a news letter quarterly.
5. To periodically check the registers and the other records of the association.
6. To conduct orientation programmes for its members in the interest of maintaining professional standards.
7. To implement all decisions taken by the General Body.
8. To fill up any casual vacancy in the committee by co-option.
1. Duties of the office Bearers
She shall have control over the affairs of the Association and shall preside over the Committee meetings and the meetings of General Body.
She shall have power to convene meetings of the committee and of the General Body either on her own initiative or on the written requisition of at least 4 members in the case of executive committee and 25 members in the case of general body meetings.
He/she shall be elected from among the students (B.Sc or M.Sc). He/ she will perform the duties of the President in his/ her absence.
She/ he shall be elected from students. She/ he shall have the following powers.
1. To receive all application for membership and place them before the Committee for enrolling members.
2. To maintain proper registers and records to keep in safe custody.
3. To keep regular account of income and expenditure of the association, and it shall be presented to the general body for approval annually.
4. To convene meeting of the Committee or of the General Body when authorized to do so by the President.
5. To keep a correct record of the proceedings of all Committee and General Body meetings.
6. To perform all other functions as may be assigned from time to time by the President or by the Executive Committee.
7. She shall have the powers to operate the accounts of the association and to incur such expenditure as may be approved by the Committee.
8. She shall get the annual statement of accounts prepared audited and such statements shall be placed before the Committee and the General Body.
She/ he has to discharge all the duties and responsibilities of the Secretary in her/ his absence.
She/ he shall be responsible of maintaining the accounts of the income and expenses. Will have to present the accounts in the general body meeting and get approved. He/ she will be operating the account of the association along with the Secretary.
8. Committee meetings
1. The Executive committee of the association shall meet periodically.
2. The President shall preside over all the meetings. In her absence, the Secretary will preside over the meetings.
9. General Body Meeting
1. The General Body ordinarily meet twice in a year.
2. The annual meeting shall be convened along with the Graduation Ceremony of the Outgoing Graduates.
1. The Association shall have a common seal. This shall be in the safe custody of the Secretary.
2. To have an Emblem.
3. Any document executed by the Association shall be signed by the President and the Secretary.